Veterinary Technology, A.A.S.
Our program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA). We award an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree and prepare you for the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE), an entry-level national licensing exam.
Pre-Admission Requirements: Completion of the following high school units or equivalent with a C or better:
- Proficiency in English
- Complete the following prerequisites with a 'C' or better: SDV 100, ENG 111, MTH 133, CHM 101 or CHM 111 , and VET 111.
- 18-years of age at time of application
- Letter of Intent
- Two professional letters of recommendations
- Current resume
- If not working at a veterinary clinic or hospital, must complete 32 hours of clinical observation in a veterinary clinic or hospital of choice and obtain a statement from clinical practice on their official letterhead documenting these hours.
- Official high school and college transcripts