Get the complete college experience. Join a community that is welcoming, diverse, supportive and modern.
You Get More for Less at NOVA
NOVA is the second largest community college in the United States. Our 75,000+ students are a diverse population from the Commonwealth of Virginia, neighboring states and 150+ foreign countries. Our six campuses are inclusive and promote a vigorous, but always respectful, exchange of ideas. And our facilities are state-of-the-art, so graduates are prepared to be innovators when they step on four-year campuses or enter the job market.
In 1965, NOVA opened with 761 enrolled students in a single building in Bailey’s Crossroads, VA. Today, NOVA is the second largest community college in the United States, with students studying on six campuses, at three specialized academic centers and offering 160+ degree and certificate programs.
Today, NOVA has:
- More than 75,000 students enrolled in credit courses
- An additional 23,000 students enrolled in non-credit courses
- Community programs that benefit 300,000+ individuals in Northern Virginia
- Nearly 900 full-time faculty and staff, as well as approximately 2,000 part-time faculty
- Accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 79 two-year degree programs, 13 certificate programs, and 53 career studies certificate programs
- Online learning through the Extended Learning Institute (ELI)
Diversity at NOVA
Although the majority of NOVA students are from Virginia, we are a diverse, eclectic and vibrant community of learners. Our student body represents various age groups, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, financial backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identifications, physical abilities, occupations and personality types. What we have in common is a love of learning.
NOVA is for everyone. Our current strategic plan, for the years 2017-2023, is built on the following three pillars:
- Every student succeeds
- Every program achieves
- Every community prospers
A Supportive Environment
Some colleges and universities have a “sink or swim” mentality when it comes to student achievement. Not here. At NOVA, your success is our success.
At every step of your academic journey, from submitting your application to alumni relations, our staff is here to answer your questions. Along the way, you will have access to a network of resources that provide support whenever and however you need it. This includes:
- Extensive Financial Aid options
- On-site or remote Advising and Counseling (including Live Chat)
- Student Services Centers (on every campus)
- Disability services
- Military services
- Free Tutoring services
- Family resources
- English as a Second Language programs
- Flexible class schedules, including Online Learning
State-Of-The-Art Facilities and Technology
Yes, NOVA is a community college. But there’s nothing junior about it. When it comes to our facilities, NOVA is big time. You won’t be settling for outdated, uninspiring campus features.
Rather, you will have access to all of this (and more):
- Our Medical Education Campus, including a dental clinic and hands-on laboratories
- Workforce education and training centers
- Testing centers
- Open computer labs
- Concert halls, theaters and amphitheaters
- Art galleries
- A Community Cultural Center (on the Annandale Campus)
- On-campus fitness centers and athletic facilities
Flexible Schedules Put You in Charge
We understand that you have a busy life. Commuting to campus, and spending all day in the classroom just may not be realistic.
That’s why at NOVA, you don’t have to work around our schedule. Our programs are designed to accommodate you. Try one of these:
- Online / distance learning through NOVA Online
- Hybrid schedules with classes on multiple campuses, or a combination of online and in-person classes
- Sunrise classes that start and end before your commute
- NOVA’s Weekend College program
- Express Weekend and Evening College @ the Woodbridge Campus